[Noisebridge-discuss] Drill Press issues

Liz Henry liz at bookmaniac.org
Wed Sep 19 15:09:13 UTC 2012

On 9/18/12 11:32 PM, John Magolske wrote:
> Hi, thanks for posting the note.
>

> To clarify, IIRC that crank consists of an arm with a knob on one end
> and a hole on the other end through which a screw attaches it to the
> speed controlling spindle...is that the screw that went missing?

Yes, there are holes for three screws. I only found one of the 3.  Some
of the other controls were about to fall out so Susan and I tightened
them up in general.

> I'll try to swing by this week (likely Thurs evening) to take a look
> at this and see what can be done to fix the limited speed range issue.

It looks quite fixable, I just didn't have the physical stamina to stand
up on a stepstool or the counter top to take apart the top of the drill
press.

- Liz

--

Liz Henry
liz at bookmaniac.org
http://bookmaniac.org

"Without models, it's hard to work; without a context, difficult to
evaluate; without peers, nearly impossible to speak." -- Joanna Russ