[Noisebridge-discuss] xray machine improvements

Jake jake at spaz.org
Wed Apr 17 08:50:19 UTC 2013

>> I was told to take pictures in a different format next time, maybe RAW
>> format.
>
> That might help a bit if you are having color level issues.  But I think
> the real problem is lack of resolution since the xrays don't come from a
> point source.

aha!  well good thing i have a nice dental xray unit by Ritter.  Is that
a point source?  I don't know.

>> Also i think x-rays were hitting the camera despite the glass screen i
>> put in there.
>
> Unleaded glass doesn't stop xrays - Shards of glass are nearly invisible
> to CT scans when people get glass embedded in their bodies.

xrays come in many colors, and the xrays coming from this machine are much
lower energy (not to be confused with intensity) than the xrays used in
doctor or dentist's offices.  This xray machine (a 2X2A vacuum tube