[Noisebridge-discuss] Thought crimes at Noisebridge, and how can we stop them?

Johny Radio johnyradio at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 18:22:38 UTC 2013

On 12/19/2013 9:46 AM, jim wrote:
> good features of Noisebridge
> * the openness provides a great place to meet people that one otherwise would never meet.
> * cross-fertilization of interests and ideas among various interest groups.

Jim,

I agree those are among the best of Noisebridge's features! Those are
the only reasons i keep participating.

Jim, it was great to have you at the Noise Hack a year ago! but I rarely
see you at nb otherwise. You don't seem to use the space anymore. Are
you still a Member?

>      It's frustrating to put up with the bad sides of any community,

So you feel that Noisebridge is successful and just fine? I don't know,
Jim, everything's broken, stolen, or all over the floor. I find it
nearly impossible to get any actual hacking done at NB.

>      There have been individual, do-ocratic efforts to address theft, sleeping, drug use, and other problems that were successful

Jim, i don't think any of those efforts were successful. The other night
i was there, there was a dude alternately sleeping and stealing stuff,
and clearly on drugs.

>      Most of the people I learned to love have left. I know for a fact people have abandoned NB because of the rule makers rather than the rule breakers.

Jim, are you saying most NB attrition is due to too many rules? Can you
give an example of that?

Johny Radio