[Noisebridge-discuss] RFID help needed for biohacking project!

e f f i g y effigybrigade at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 05:42:05 UTC 2013

Hello.

I'm hoping to get in touch with someone who knows a bit about reading and
writing RFID chips, or who has access to a scanner... And who might be
excited about helping out with a my first grinder experiment.

Basically my project is this: I want to copy and duplicate the microchip in
my student ID card. I'm going to encase the duplicated chip in silicone and
implant it in my hand, allowing me to unlock doors with a wave instead of
getting my wallet out. This is a trial-run, and will be removed after
graduation. I want to understand the healing process and the experience
before I embark on designing a more permanent interface.

The surgery will be done by Samppa VonCyborg, who is a world-class body mod
expert. I only have a few weeks to get everything together before he comes
through town. My university will not help me to copy the chip due to
(understandable) security concerns. So I'm reaching out to Noisebridge in
hopes that someone can at least point me in the right direction!

Thanksss
Dylan