[Noisebridge-discuss] Large(r) format Laser Cutter for Noisebridge...

Martin Bogomolni martinbogo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 15:43:27 UTC 2013

 I would love an OS X driver with a native interface (with support for
everyone else's platform of choice too)...

I'd love that too, but frankly that's a snipe.   It doesn't exist out
there right now, and I have my solid doubts that NoiseBridge members
would have the attention span for a long-term development project like that.

I know it sounds harsh of me, but I'm using what I've experienced over
the last few years as my guide here.

I think the best we can expect, for a solidly working machine with
predictable and reproducible results, will likely be a windows machine
and driver.   InkScape has proven "good enough" for design though, so
we can probably avoid Illustrator and/or Corel Draw unless we go with
an Epilog or Universal laser cutter.

-M