[Noisebridge-discuss] [intellectual claptrap] Toward a theory of utilization

Tony Longshanks LeTigre anthonyletigre at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 20:28:13 UTC 2013

On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 12:24 PM, jim <jim at well.com> wrote:

>     Nice answer. I suspect that both TOT{commons,privatization}
> coexist in a disjunct way. If I were one of the 10K homeless, I
> think I'd still want to be picky about my shelter; seems like
> the few homeless or near-homeless I know (all women, oddly)
> complain about various obnoxisities. Maybe adding the concept
> of a filter for right {placement,use} would be helpful.
>     Please do go on when you find the energy.

Oh, for sure. The first time I — *cough* a friend of mine, who's in this
squatter group I heard about — stayed in a squat, he thought the goal was
to fill it with as many people as it could hold. Pretty quickly, he learned
to be just as choosy about his housemates (both their quantity & quality)
while living OTG as he did living "on the grid."

Thanks for the replies, this is all feeding into my thought process for
some (hopefully semi-functional) work of art I'm going to churn out one of
these days....

No more email for me today.

+11+