[Noisebridge-discuss] A test of Excellence

Dean Mao dean.mao at hackerdojo.com
Tue Jan 15 22:58:08 UTC 2013

I'd like to address this one small point.  I've discovered that many people
at NB think that the Hacker Dojo is some kind of members-only organization.
 I'd like to let you all know that everyone can visit the Hacker Dojo the
same way random people can visit NB.  We're also a 501c3 org so we have a
duty to be beneficial to the greater public.  We do have a curfew policy
however, but it was mainly instituted to combat sleepers at our space.  At
the HD, non-members need to leave at 10pm unless a present member can vouch
for them.

Also,
> Noisebridge is much more public than other spaces, allowing anyone to
> enter. I think it's important to factor in that many spaces enforce strict
> door policies, and hours, while noisebridge does not. This is part of what
> makes noisebridge special, and awesome.

I think the only reason that you guys have a theft issue is simply because
you're in a somewhat seedy part of town.

--
Dean Mao
dean.mao at hackerdojo.com
Come visit us, we love new people!