[Noisebridge-discuss] A test of Excellence

Martin Bogomolni martinbogo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 15:44:17 UTC 2013

> I think your overlooking a number of things, first of least you are talking
> about noisebridge, and a couple of other random "private" places.

Hardly random.  I chose the locations based on their access policies.
All three locations allow anyone to enter, subject to the provision
that someone with a key/pass/membership be responsible.  All three
locations are open 24/7, and are located in areas with a high
population of people walking by on a regular basis.

The difference is in the culture, policies, and enforcement of those
policies.  Otherwise, they are equivalent.

> Ok, end of rant, if you think leaving something unattended in a public
> place, with just contact info on it, means you'll ever see it again, well
> good luck with that.

Noisebridge is _not_ a 'public place'.   It is a private space with a
locked door at the bottom of a stairwell, with very sporadically
enforced security policies.