[Noisebridge-discuss] door

Casey Callendrello c1 at caseyc.net
Thu Jan 17 23:40:31 UTC 2013

On 1/17/13 3:27 PM, John Withers wrote:
> Because we don't take responsibility
> for our community and who is in it.
>
> Jake's thinking here isn't the solution to the problems of our community,
> but it sure looks to me like a step in the right direction.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Noisebridge is a community
for the interests of its consensed-upon members. One of the decisions of
that body is that the space is open to a much broader segment of people.
However, it is the small-c consensus [1] that it is Excellent to be very
careful when buzzing people in, and always greet those who you do let
in. This is a condition of making the space more broadly open yet still
functional.

If you don't thing this is a good idea, then you are welcome to bring it
up at another meeting. I am personally asking you to abide by the
decision of the community.

--Casey

1:
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Meeting_Notes_2013_01_15#Building_security