[Noisebridge-discuss] Asked to leave: Tony Longshanks & Veronica

Josh Juran jjuran at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 12:27:11 UTC 2013

On Jul 1, 2013, at 2:26 AM, Carl wrote:

> I wasn't previously aware of the emails Tony sent, and I understand
> why some wouldn't want him around now.  I hope that he can work on
> improving his communications and try to get along better with
> people here.

I think it would be best if Tony worked on his communication and
people skills in some other group than Noisebridge.  That bridge has
been burned.

> He used to be a valuable contributor to the community with his work
> on the Zip Zine in the past, so it's too bad things have turned out
> so unexcellently.

While I've personally benefited from having ZiP as a vehicle to
encourage and showcase my writing, it's not worth the collateral
damage.  The MacBook Pro Daravinne loaned Tony for the purpose of
producing ZiP was returned (via the police, after arresting Tony for
trespassing elsewhere) without its power adapter and covered in
stickers, and when she was unhappy with this and in no hurry to make
him a copy of his files, he went full-on dark side retaliation mode:

	"when ya stab me in the back, use my vulnerability due to police/
court custody to steal my fuckin files, you're damn right, I'm a
motherfuckin SCORPION & you haven't seen the half of it!"

	"The C-word was made for people like this."

	"In the case of Daravinne, I intentionally broadcast personal info
about her as an attack because I know she's a very private person &
would hate that."

No amount of benefit to the community is worth this level of malice
to an individual.

Josh