[Noisebridge-discuss] Access

Jake jake at spaz.org
Fri Jul 5 11:18:44 UTC 2013

wait, do you mean when people buzz the buzzer and you buzz them in with
the buzzer?  what the fuck are you trying to say?  smurf?

people ring the doorbell.  when you want to let them in without going
downstairs yourself, you activate the solenoid.  It makes a buzzing sound
when it's working, although the loudness of that sound depends on how
tightly assembled the solenoid is.

are you saying there is no buzzing sound when you activate the solenoid to
unlatch the door?  so you have to tell people to push the door?

leif mentioned the other night that the door latch wasn't working because
you could just push the door open.  I don't think that's good at all.

I think we should replace the door latch with a good quality one that
doesn't suck, and can't be forced open or picked with a bart card.

-jake