[Noisebridge-discuss] Hacker Fellowship

Snail snailtsunami at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 20:49:45 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 12:31 AM, James Sundquist
<sundquistjames at gmail.com>wrote:

> Also announced at today's meeting.  This is the current draft of this
>> consensus item, which I welcome any number of variations on.  Time is on
>> our side, because this will be a great thing once it is fleshed out.  The
>> basic concept is:
>>
>> The Fellowship will be tracked by the Treasurer at the weekly meeting ala
>> Noisetor, with dedicated funds of $2,000 per month.
>> The Fellowship draws from the general fund.
>> Selections will be made by general community approval, but not by
>> consensus.

I am curious about this line. Is there a reason why you wouldn't want to
use the consensus model for granting money? How would you know what
"general community approval" is? - Consensus has some defined measurement
(the item is discussed for two weeks - no member blocks), so what new
measurement are you proposing?

--
-Snailssnailssnailssnailssnailssnailssnails