[Noisebridge-discuss] Hacker Fellowship

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Thu Jul 25 00:23:12 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 1:49 PM, Snail <snailtsunami at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 12:31 AM, James Sundquist <sundquistjames at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>

>>> Also announced at today's meeting.  This is the current draft of this
>>> consensus item, which I welcome any number of variations on.  Time is on our
>>> side, because this will be a great thing once it is fleshed out.  The basic
>>> concept is:
>>>
>>> The Fellowship will be tracked by the Treasurer at the weekly meeting ala
>>> Noisetor, with dedicated funds of $2,000 per month.
>>> The Fellowship draws from the general fund.

This would be an extremely big change from the current tradition,
which is that we don't use central Noisebridge funds, and raise money
separately for separate projects. Noisetor is a separate project, with
separate funds + fundraising.

I don't think this could get through consensus without some pretty
strong arguments about why it couldn't be independently fundraised.

Speaking as the treasurer, I really don't want to have to try and
track this. I'm rubbish enough as it is. I have a strong feeling it
would be pretty tricky to work out the legal ramifications, too.

d.

d.