[Noisebridge-discuss] Kitchen overhaul this Thursday - Saturday

Dan Cote terminationshok at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 22:58:18 UTC 2013

I don't agree with every proposal for the new kitchen, but I think we all
can agree that the current implementation is a 100% loss. It is a health
hazard and deterrent for excellent people to come to Noisebridge. Please
demolish it expediently. If the community does not agree with the new
layout, I'm sure our do-ocratic ways will serve us well in repairing that
inconsistency.

I would suggest not throwing out any large appliances that are removed,
such as the double oven, for a period of ~2 months following the teardown.
During construction, we could provide alternative means of cooking like a
temporary kitchen station with microwave, tea pot, coffee, etc. Also, I
suggest posting a notice on the front door if we are forced to resort to
chemical means, or produce large amounts of dust to bring the kitchen back
to the status of human habitability. (some are sensitive to these things)
These are not things that I want from you, but advice intended to save you
from drama and anger coming from the community. Feel free to discard it if
it obstructs your task. We are lucky that a group has organized to do this
work for us. We are lucky that construction can happen without closing our
doors altogether during construction. Lets not obstruct this work with any
discussion about what we want in the new kitchen. I will assist as much as
I can.

If hackers need something in the kitchen, we will build it or find a way to
make it happen. We a a resourceful group. Others will complain and be
ignored. Thank you everyone who built the original kitchen, it has served
us well. Thank you everyone who builds the new one, it will be even better!