[Noisebridge-discuss] happy feminist film night: Hayao Miyazaki?

rachel lyra hospodar rachelyra at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 22:36:28 UTC 2013

Dearest adrian,

In the future if you wish for your emails to be kept private you might want
to state so. I generally am not interested in private debate. It turns out
that publicly discussing feminism subjects women to lots of private verbal
abuse, and so often when feminism is the topic of conversation, I like many
women will take pains to
-keep the conversation in a safer, more public space
-keep the conversation on topic.

I have a great many thoughts on my own personal growth and development. The
topic of the conversation at hand is not me, but feminism. I am willing to
discuss my opinions of feminism, publicly.

When I become interested in having a discussion with you about my personal
growth outside of feminism, I will let you know.

In the meanwhile, if you are interested in engaging with me further, i'd
like to ask you to first take some time to think about the divisions
between public and private space in the digital world, the ways in which
men and women relate differently to private vs public space, and the
nonconsent culture that makes you feel justified on insisting on private
communication in response to public discussions on hotbutton topics.

R.