[Noisebridge-discuss] New potential hackerspace in Benicia

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Mon Jun 17 07:02:53 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 10:22:09PM -0700, Aaron Newcomb wrote:
> We are in the beginning stages of getting a hackerspace started in
> Benicia. We seem to have good support right now from the town as well
> as other groups. We would really like someone from NoiseBridge to come
> to our next meeting and perhaps answer some questions about how to get
> started. Is there anyone familiar enough with how NoiseBridge is run
> that would be willing to join us in the next few weeks?

I'd be happy to come by and discuss hackerspaces in Benicia after I get
back to the bay area this week.  Let's figure out a good time!

I was one of the founding members at Noisebridge and have plenty of
experience to draw on. :)

A big part of our inspiration at Noisebridge was the Hacker Spaces
Design Patterns talk,

http://events.ccc.de/congress/2007/Fahrplan/attachments/1003_Building%20a%20Hacker%20Space.pdf
http://events.ccc.de/congress/2007/Fahrplan/events/2133.en.html
http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Design_Patterns