[Noisebridge-discuss] learning vs getting shit done

Daniel Pitts Daniel at coloraura.com
Tue Jun 4 20:26:37 UTC 2013

Who was that directed at? Did you mean that to be a reply to my message?

If so, my response is that if I were a paying member, then I would be
able to afford to have the tools and materials at my home in lieu of
being a paying member.  The benefit of being part of the Noisebridge
community would be what would sway me to be a member, not the
materials.  As it stands, I'm mostly a lurker on this mailing list, and
rarely present at the space (I've been there twice).

To put it another way, the only reason I would pay to be a member would
be to have an environment to share my ideas and learn from others.
If I frequented the space as anything but a paying member, then I
personally would be doubly grateful for having a space and material to
work for free and people to socialize with.

As it stands, I do happen to do most of my hacking at home, because of
the disinterest I've observed within the space and on this list.