[Noisebridge-discuss] Request for an event on June 11th

Liz Henry lizhenry at gmail.com
Tue May 14 23:34:12 UTC 2013

Hi Serge,

OpenStreetMap is awesome! I messed around a bit with it and with OpenSeaMap
a few years ago.

For your event, take a look at the schedule of upcoming events on the main
wiki page for Noisebridge, https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Noisebridge
and the advice for event hosting,
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Hosting_an_Event   Make a page on the wiki
for your event,  and link to it from the main page in Upcoming Events
section (noting which classroom you'll be in.)

On June 10 you might try putting your event down for the Church classroom.
It's slightly bigger than Turing and would be able to fit 10 people for a
sprint.  It is optional, but very helpful, if you can pass the hat and
donate a bit towards the space!

Are you able to come by Noisebridge to have a look at the space and meet
people? Our regular meetings are on Tuesday nights.

And, would any of you be interested in speaking at 5 Minutes of Fame in May
or June?

Cheers,

Liz

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 10:35 AM, Serge Wroclawski <emacsen at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if I could get someone to sponsor/schedule an event at
> Noisebridge on June 11th?
>
> The OpenStreetMap US conference, State of the Map US (sotm.us) is
> having a sprint day on June 10th, and we'd like to have a second day,
> at Noisebridge.
>
> This probably won't be more than 10 people, and all we'll need is a
> table or two, power and Internet access, starting from 10am or so
> until 5/6pm.
>
> Would anyone mind doing that for me (or giving me the access to the
> calendar to do it myself?). Do we need anything else, such as someone
> to be sure the space is open/accessible?
>
> If you all aren't aware of OpenStreetMap, it's a Free map of the
> world, completely user editable (like Wikipedia), all available under
> a Free license.  The sprint day would be for those more technical
> folks to work on software related to the project, such as renderers,
> editors, etc.
>
> Thanks all,
>
> - Serge

Liz Henry