[Noisebridge-discuss] anti-anonymity proposals

Hannah Grimm dharlette at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 02:01:22 UTC 2013

Jim: what the fuck?

I would like you to pause and think on a few things for a moment.  First,
if I am in a position where I am being harassed, confronting my harasser is
not always a safe thing for me to do.  Throwing a punch might get me
stabbed.  Hell, telling someone to stop catcalling at me might get me
stabbed<http://sfappeal.com/2013/01/fubu-clad-man-hits-on-woman-then-stabs-her/>.
 Second, I'd like to point out that while Noisebridge is pretty bad at
throwing out harassers (see Danny's comments above), it's great about
kicking out people who have thrown punches.  Fighting back is more likely
to get me kicked out of the space than the person who harassed me.  If you
claim that it's my responsibility to be able to defend myself, then the
only responsible course of action is for me to only go to places that are
safe...and that functionally means not coming to NB.