[Noisebridge-discuss] amendments to membership proposal - associate members and 24/7 hours

John Ellis neurofog at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 00:26:19 UTC 2013

HI Jake,

I didn't think this original proposal was a good idea. Problems like you
mention below, with genuine hackers being asked to leave, are bound to
happen at various times.

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 4:08 PM, Jake <jake at spaz.org> wrote:

> tl;dr at the end of this post is the amended consensus item for this week
>
> I just found out that an excellent hacker was working on stuff late at
> noisebridge last night, and was asked to leave at 11:00PM.  This is
> terribly sad and should not have happened.  I consider it to be a serious
> bug in the system.
>
> I tracked down the cause of this crash to the horrible mutation of my last
> proposal, specifically, making the members-and-guests policy only take
> effect after 23:00 (11PM) until 10AM  (I had wanted it to be 24/7)
>
> With this current borked policy, people continue to come into noisebridge
> without meeting anyone, without getting a sponsor, no tour and no
> introduction.  And regardless of whether they're hacking or abusing the
> space, they are asked to leave at 11PM by the same anonymous unfriendly
> mystery that let them in.  This is total shit.
>
> Just wondering, what defined this particular person as an "excellent
hacker"? Asking a excellent hacker to leave, is IMO unexcellent, even if
its just a miscommunications regarding the new policy.

-John