[Noisebridge-discuss] proposal for noisebridge membership changes

spinach williams spinach.williams at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 18:18:59 UTC 2013

On Oct 2, 2013 11:01 AM, "jim" <jim at systemateka.com> wrote:

> ???
>     My proposal is to keep things as they have been,
> not institute new policies that seem to me to have
> unpleasant affects.
>     I think we each should deal with problems as they
> occur and ask each other for help when we feel help
> is needed.
>     I like minimizing the number of official pleas
> for help at the Tuesday night meetings.
>     Oh yeah, I believe Jake's well-intended proposal
> is probably unworkable because of the
> enforcement-surveillance aspect.
also, i must ask who gets to define theft? some weeks back, the possessions
of a very frequent, outgoing, welcome and welcoming visitor to the space
had been taken and thrown out. the letter of the law would define that act
as a theft, however the members in the space considered it cleanup and have
defended the act. for the most part i share in this nontolerance of theft
and most people would agree, however i come to doubt we're all working from
an agreed upon definition of theft.