[Noisebridge-discuss] Just taught Circuit Hacking Monday-Is there a Dedicated Teacher?

Ronald Cotoni setient at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 20:56:13 UTC 2013

There isn't anyone solid now.  Miloh and Rolf used to run it but are no
longer around.  No one has quite stepped up to the plate which is sad since
CHM is one of the oldest events.  Mitch still sometimes runs it when he is
around but he travels a ton.

Mitch, do you have any suggestions on how to run it?

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 12:39 PM, Andrew Byrne <andrew at pachakutech.com>wrote:

> It's best done as a talk, class, and mama birding all in one; JC has the
> idea of bringing in some radio hacking a la Micah's demo at arse
> electronica. Usually Mitch has the reins and does a great bit with sensing
> and generating light, but is hacking in China for another month. Hacking
> radio energies would be in the same spectrum...
> On Oct 8, 2013 10:27 AM, "jim" <jim at systemateka.com> wrote:
>

>>     Thanks and "yeah, but...," Robert mentioned
>> something about teaching and making kits, so
>> I'm guessing he's got some specifics in mind
>> beyond being a mama bird for whomever shows up
>> to fiddle around with soldering irons.
>>     "Circuits" seems a concept worth exploring
>> in a progressive way (i.e. some kind of guided
>> learning path). Am I thinking too hard?
>>

>> On Tue, 2013-10-08 at 10:02 -0700, Rachel McConnell wrote:
>> > "It" is Circuit Hacking Monday. Probably Noisebridge's longest running
>> event. Anyone who can commit to running it for a period of time could
>> basically make it whatever works for them.
>> >
>> > -Rachel

Ronald Cotoni
Systems Engineer