[Noisebridge-discuss] Fwd: Boca Bearings Innovation Contest 2014

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 14 07:29:01 UTC 2014

For anyone who may be interested, please see below for a call for participation in a contest with prizes:   -------- Forwarded Message --------

Subject: Boca Bearings Innovation Contest 2014Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 10:01:28 -0400From: Muhammad Mudassar <muhammad at bocabearings.com>To: Mitch Altman

  Dear Mitch Altman,

I am contacting you regarding our annual Boca Bearings Innovation Contest. I
 wanted to know if your MakerSpace has constructed any innovative
projects or is working on one, which you would want to submit to our
innovation contest. This contest will be a great
opportunity for your MakerSpace to expose your very innovative projects.
 I am sure your team has amazing and valuable projects which we would
love to have them participate in our contest. There is no cost to
submit, but we would like to launch the contest with a few project
pre-loaded.

We
 had a tremendous response to our last contest in 2012, everything from
stroboscopic zoetropes to human powered helicopters were submitted and
you can see the winners here:

 http://www.bocabearings.com/innovation-contest/winner-videos.aspx

Our
 goal in running this contest is to support the students, engineers,
garage tinkerers and workshop warriors who are out there melding
Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math. Our 2014 contest is
starting this August and will run through December.
We
 will be giving away three GoPro Hero3 cameras, one each to the project
with the most votes each month. At the end two finalists each will get a
 3D printer and the grand prize winner will get a check for $5,000. We
would love to have you among our contestants. If you would be interested
 in participating in the contest just email me back and I can help you
get signed up early or please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you.

Contest Homepage: http://www.bocabearings.com/innovation-contest/default.aspx

Innovation Contest Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvLAbUFXPwo

Muhammad Mudassar