[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge House Rules

Al Sweigart asweigart at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 18:49:19 UTC 2014

Hey Jessica, you have to understand that sleeping has always exploited the
gray area since there is no "no sleeping at all" rule. It's against the
lease to use Noisebridge as a residence. Of course, people can abuse the
definition of "living at NB" anyway they want: As long as they aren't
receiving mail at 2169 Mission, people can say they aren't residing at the
space.

And even when they're told to stop, they don't have to leave. They can just
sleep overnight at the space less often. For a while.

The same goes for sleeping. If you ask the sleepers, they're NEVER
"sleeping" at the space. They're "napping", or "resting their eyes", or
"sleep hacking".

This is why any rule that does not have a punitive consequence of "if you
are sleeping, you'll be suspended and/or banned from the space" will never
solve the problem. This is why the problem has gone on for years.