[Noisebridge-discuss] cron job email or real event?

Jake jake at spaz.org
Fri May 9 03:26:01 UTC 2014

This reply is to both of you, and everyone:

this email list is not here for you to criticise other people or talk
about how great you are.  if you are doing that, whether you realize it or
not, please stop.

if you feel that someone has maligned you, intentionally or not, resist
the urge to defend your honor in front of the audience you think you have
here.  Instead, please try to limit your messages to productive and
positive suggestions of ways you think noisebridge can improve.

if you need to talk negatively about something, which is not uncommon when
looking for ways to make positive change, please try to phrase the problem
in a gentle way and be realistic about it.  blasting things out as the
worst thing ever is a form of crying wolf and will get you and the entire
list ignored.

and finally, remember that if you have a disagreement with someone on this
list and seek to defeat them in conversation, you are turning this very
valuable forum for discussion into a cockfighting ring for your own
purposes, and that is a horrible thing to do whether someone calls you out
for it or not.

stop it.

-jake