[Noisebridge-discuss] on allowing anonymous editing on the wiki

Johny Radio johnyradio at gmail.com
Tue May 20 16:38:36 UTC 2014

From: "Naomi Most" <pnaomi at gmail.com>

>deploy tentative solutions first and then wait for data.

yes, we have different approach. i studied organization design formally
in college. Organizational design means you decide in advance what the
Mission is, and then you define a structure that fulfills that Mission.
Design is like what (non-mediocre) programmers do-- you spec out the
purpose of a system, and define functions which achieve that purpose.

What you described is not organizational design. If you let happenstance
define structure, you get... Noisebridge.

>That's why the Wicked Problems article was interesting: because it
>showed that someone else has defined problems like the ones Noisebridge
>is full of, in terms that made intuitive sense to me.

very vague. Can you reference something specific in the article?