[Noisebridge-discuss] FCC part 15 rules

Adrian Chadd adrian.chadd at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 16:33:49 UTC 2015

The FCC requires certification for the entire product, including
antenna and assembly. It's not just the module.

They've not cracked down on a lot of small maker projects that don't
do this, mostly because those maker projects aren't being idiots by
blatantly flaunting the rules. But if you plan on selling it widely
you have to get it certified.

(You have to get things certified for non-wifi EMR anyway, so...)

-adrian