[Noisebridge-discuss] Soldering Irons organized (and hackershelves again)

Zach R organicunity at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 19 08:16:18 UTC 2016

Hey all,

  I organized and cleaned up the hackershelves again.  Some cool stuff there including some new soldering donations and a multimeter someone brought in!

Also, i organized ALL the soldering irons.  I mean all.  There were boxes of them underneath the work station desk by the parts area.  I matched up all the proper tips I could and we now have:

7x complete Weller stations (temp controlled) for permanent use by the benches.  These should be used by people very familiar with irons as they are pretty nice.

1x fat white temp solder station (this is working and a very nice one too)

- a big blue bin full of the blue plug-in soldering irons (all with good tips) on the bottom of the red shelves rack.  These are best used for circuit hacking mondays.

- the bin next to that on the floor is all irons without tips

-under the tables are 3 bins left.  one with ONLY soldering iron holders, one with ONLY messed up tip-less and broken irons, and one with ONLY good soldering stations that need tips.

**NOTE** We can have more kickass soldering stations if people donate money for the tips.  We have a LOT of irons that need to tips now, and if anyone wants to contribute towards that now is the time since it is all organized.

Thanks to Douglas and Mitch for pitching in help on this project.

-Zach