[Noisebridge-discuss] Preliminary VLC patch for flaschen-taschen vout

François Revol revol at free.fr
Sun Jun 12 02:13:24 UTC 2016

Yesterday I wrote video output support for VLC. I'll upstream the patch
when I get time to clean it up, but if anyone wants to have a try, it's
here:
http://pastebin.com/Kk5WyfFq

You can use it like:

vlc --vout flaschen --flaschen-display=ft.noise --flaschen-width=45
--flaschen-height=40

It can be used with audio visualizations args on the audio input like:
… --audio-visual=visual --effect-list=spectrum --no-volume-save
--sout-raop-volume=0 alsa://

Also remember VLC can play png files (considers them to last 10s each)
in a playlist... not animated GIFs yet though.

And it also directly plays most youtube videos straight from their url.

François.