[Noisebridge-discuss] [Noisebridge-announce] Noisebridge Statement on Jacob Appelbaum

Rob M veryprofessionalguy at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 02:55:34 UTC 2016

In the past week I've seen far more negative evidence of rape and safe
space issues about Jacob than I've ever seen about more minor
infractions on the 86 page (https://noisebridge.net/wiki/86).  I do
think there should be an open place for people to appeal claims made
against them... I have a feeling that if such a channel existed at NB,
it wouldn't do Jacob very much good given the enumeration of grievances
multiplying against him.  But if I ever dose off at NB, it's cause I'm
waiting for things to compile/ build/ or just resting my eyes cause it's
been a really long day at the terminal.

About the 'who' question, you can do some snooping on the key with a
couple console commands/ web searches.  The message was placed their by
some persons with access to a very old bot sitting on NB's wiki.  It was
cool to see the message was signed, but it was signed by someone
(*group) holding noisebridge at riseup.net, which was made and uploaded
today.  Some people take their reputation's very seriously, so seriously
that they decide to remain silent it situations where it's ethically
questionable to do so.  That's an aspect of human nature that's hard to
for us to reconcile as we look at ourselves --you actually see that
acknowledged in many of the testimonials on Jacob's new home page.

Anyway, you can see signers of the noisebridge at riseup.net key coming in
by looking up the keys web of trust status.  It looks like a pretty
trustworthy Noisebridgy key to me.

https://gist.github.com/TheNotary/ee2bf65c378214b6713f420c28b579d6