[Noisebridge-discuss] arduino dmx receiver

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 31 21:13:44 UTC 2016

Hi Robb,

Any sketch that works on an old Arduino board will also work on any new one.

Best,
Mitch.

From: sf99er at gmail.com
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 13:56:33 -0700
Subject: Re: arduino dmx receiver
To: pp at myelin.nz
CC: maltman23 at hotmail.com; noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net

thx for the responses

@PhilIP nice boards! (your pic rendered) are those mathertels?
my usb>rs-485(dmx) adapter/converter has 3 connectors (grd, D+ & D-) which connect to a neutrik xlr panel connector (see attached).
​
@Mitch although there are lots of posts/pages describing how to code dmx on arduinos, most of the work has been done related to transmitting dmx (mostly on pre-uno versions, which are very hard to find) and not receiving it. the few libraries for receiving dmx are quite old & don't seem to be very straight forward, i.e. require editing hardwareserial.cpp at a keyword that does not actually exist in the file (ArDMX).
thanks for the invite to hhn. food not bombs just brought me a wheelchair, so i might be able to take you up on it soon.

cheers
~r

lulzlux - ASK (Activist Support Krewe)