[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge Meeting 10/10/2017

Phillip Pearson pp at myelin.nz
Fri Oct 13 21:55:42 UTC 2017

>>> In this actual case, this discussion led to an observer pledging money
>>> to a dedicated Elevator Repair Fund nearly double the size of what was
>>> originally requested, which I consider a good outcome.
>
> This is great!  Who is this mystery person (or do they want to remain
> anonymous?)  I would like to get in contact with them.  I can do some
> of the research on a qualified repair person to come to NB and I can
> fill them in on repairs so far.

That would be me :)

The money is coming from a matching grant from my employer; AFAICT it
should get to Noisebridge in 45-60 days.

I'm afraid I don't really have any time to actually help repair the
elevator, but I like your repair fund proposal, and want to support
the project.  I think it is an excellent idea to have a small amount
of money set aside for parts, outside help, possibly a professional
contract, so that folks can just go fix it rather than first having to
debate the merits of spending money from the general fund.

- Phil