[Noisebridge-discuss] Looking to pay someone to build a simple device

Henner Zeller h.zeller at acm.org
Sat Dec 22 20:27:41 UTC 2018

On Sat, 22 Dec 2018 at 12:16, Matthew Kleinsmith <mwksmith at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Henner,
>
> My goal is to duplicate a USB signal coming from a Playstation 4 (PS4) controller, sending one copy of the signal to a PS4 and one copy to a PC; very much like the camera example you mentioned, where both target devices receive the information from the source (camera). My larger goal is to be able to play the PS4 while recording the inputs for later analysis.
>
> "have maybe something listening passively on the other one what is going on"  <--- This is my aim, but I think my understanding is wrong because I interpret your camera example as matching this

Yeah, it won't work with a PC in some regular mode; you need to
essentially switch off your USB subsystem to _not_ attempt to talk to
plugged in devices, then watch what goes over the stream. I doubt that
regular USB systems on PCs allow for that. This is essentially
something what you want to do with a USB analyzer.

-h