[Rack] new: horsy attached monitor for dual display

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 23:15:04 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 2:35 PM, Andy Isaacson <adi at hexapodia.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 01, 2010 at 01:56:17PM -0800, Patrick Keys wrote:
> > I had an extra 17" flatpanel that I wasn't using.
> > I am loaning it indefinately to noisebridge.
>
> FWIW, we don't do "loans".  If it's your property, please don't store it
> at Noisebridge.
>
> If you'd like to donate it free and clear, then great!  Slap a NB
> sticker on it, hook it up, and don't be sad if someone uses it to
> construct a giant robot.

Patrick, I hope that you decide to just let your (extra, unused, tiny 17
inch, old model) monitor go!  A flat panel is an good donation that
Noisebridge could use more of, because we keep getting massive server tower
donations but no flat panels!  Go figure.

Maybe someone could donate some time to show people how to use crazy,
radically insane, and impossible VNC clients.

Or browse to http://pony.noise/juke and select the music area of your choice
(Thanks Rubin!).  Please play lots of loud raggae and rap music.

As a best practice, items donated to Nb with clear purpose and a maintainer
get used and worn and wasted.  The key is getting a maintainer to handle
things and keep things going.  If someone just dumps things at the space and
doesn't do the maintenance work then Andy goes to work making robots.

-rma

ps  Andy,   Do you let your robots do the writing?  Long replies!