[Rack] who manages the webserver?

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Sun Dec 12 10:26:26 UTC 2010

On 12/12/2010 01:54 AM, Patrick Keys wrote:
> The stuff I want to do is all directly Noisebridge-related and
> specifically for the Noisebridge android app.  I can generate an iphone
> app as soon as we can get an iphone developer license.

iphone? That's a rather sad and unhacker friendly platform.

> I'd like to keep whatever I do on the official noisebridge servers so
> that people feel more comfortable using it.  I don't think people would
> feel good about using a Noisebridge android/iphone app if it was getting
> its data from some weird unknown server.

Official?

(Slight digression: I don't feel comfortable running software in the
Android market because it talks to machines that I control or trust - I
only feel comfortable when I can review the source code and/or I've
built it myself.)

Why don't you just use pony?

> Plus, there's no point in paying for another server when our current
> webserver (insofar as i know) isn't doing anything besides running
> mediawiki.

The point is compartmentalization.

All the best,
Jake