[Rack] Action with our Monkeybrains link, please respond if you care

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Tue Oct 11 22:04:02 UTC 2011

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 2:53 PM, Rubin Abdi <rubin at starset.net> wrote:
> Well, I think the first step with plan A is to figure out what shit is
> so slow. Andy, would you feel troubled for just simply shooting an email
> to Monkeybrains asking what's up with our current link's bandwidth? If
> it's stuck at that speed then we have our answer to how to proceed.

It would be awesome if we could somehow get read-only SNMP access to
our AP. I wonder if we can read things like RSSI and 802.11 rates via
SNMP.

I'm not sure if MB can tell our "goodput" speeds without testing. They
can login to the CPE and see what rate it's synced at, but that
doesn't much account for interference or other clients using the same
RF bandwidth.

I'll see if I can poke at it from r00ter.

--j