[Rack] request for information and/or instruction for Linux SysAdm class : DNS

jim jim at systemateka.com
Wed Dec 26 19:25:00 UTC 2012

    I believe the Noisebridge infrastructure includes a
DNS server.
    There have been repeated requests for DNS info for
the Linux System Administration class (Tuesdays from 3
to 4:30 PM with a recap from 6 to 7 PM that evening).
    Could any one of you who understand the setup help
us create a 1.5 hour DNS class? Minimally that would
probably include a tour of the files that are working on
the NB LAN with a little explanation as to purpose and
critical techniques (space characters or tabs, indents,
upper or lower case, blocks or stanzas or whatever--
formal aspects of file structure). We can develop a
talk from that info.
    We'd welcome any of you who want to present such a
talk (much preferable). If you feel uncertain about your
ability to present a talk, I at least am willing to take
time with you to develop a 1.5 hour talk.