[Space] Spacebridge Beta payload + next time notes

Ariel Waldman ariel at arielwaldman.com
Sun Mar 28 21:46:31 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

At SFO at the moment, so thought I'd send out the notes I took yesterday
before I head off to Berlin:

Group: Spacebridge
Project: Spacedroid
Launch: Spacebridge Beta

Payload / Bus
- G1 (tracking: temperature, accelerometer, GPS via SMS)
- Radio (amateur ham)
- Independent GPS Tracker
- Package Tracker (off the shelf red circuit board, tracking: pressure,
temperature, accelerometer)
- Open Tracker (providing communication between GPS and Radio)
- 4 AA batteries for Package Tracker
- 9 volt battery for Open Tracker
- Canon A700 with battery
- Canon IS 1100 with battery
- Casio EXS600 with battery
- Mini Digital Camcorder (for video from outside the structure)
- Dipole Antenna (with wavelength calibration)
- Parachute (from a model rocket)
- Styrofoam Bus (custom designed by Chris)
- Military-grade Balloon
- Parachute Cord, ABS, Plastic Caps, Zip Ties (materials for securing the
bus)
- Nylon String (for balloon tethering)
- Pink Plastic Streamers (for visibility)

Notes for Next Time:
- Electronics test
- "Yay or Nay" on Wednesday before launch
- Test different types of batteries in the freezer
- One battery grid to rule them all

Ariel Waldman | digital anthropologist

[ http://arielwaldman.com | http://spacehack.org ]