[Tastebridge] Was a kitchen decision reached at the free school member ship meeting

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Mon Jul 11 22:38:58 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 11:57 AM, cynthia lee
<cynthia.jeanne.lee at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I've been advised that a kitchen decision was reached at the Free School
> meeting a few days ago  and I would point out that there wasn't advance
> notice of any kitchen stuff to be discussed and decided on

No, not at all. We just talked about integrating Free School stuff,
and how to get the message out that people need to clean up more after
them, not leave personal items in the space, and not sleep in the
space (not necessarily a Free School problem, just something that was
being assumed to be a free school thing). We also talked a bit about
the intent of the space, which was a bit vaguer.

We posted a pre-announcement about this meeting on
noisebridge-discuss, which I encourage everyone to join. (Though I'm
actually thinking of putting a physical summary of what's going on
there in the space somewhere prominent, given that there's such a
large number of NB users who don't really go to the online stuff).

I also encouraged Jorgen and Warren to see if they would work with
Fransisco on the Wednesday cooking event, because that would seem to
be a good opportunity to learn about efficient ways to clean the
kitchen, not leave food out overnight, etc.

I think it would be a good idea for you to organize meeting about the
donation box, whether you still want to have it, etc. I think it was
originally there to solicit donations for stuff that was around when
the tastebridgers were not, like the kombucha. Now that there's more
than one group using the space, I think it makes sense to either drop
the donations thing entirely and just ask when you're making food, or
make it more specific what it was for, and lock it up a bit.

(I know that I could never work out where I was supposed to put money
for the kombucha, and ended up stuffing it in to the kombucha
ingredients bag).

d.