[Tastebridge] Was a kitchen decision reached at the free school member ship meeting

rachel lyra hospodar rachel at mediumreality.com
Mon Jul 11 22:26:27 UTC 2011

On 7/11/2011 3:08 PM, cynthia lee wrote:
> Hi again, Part of the history that not too many people know about is
> that the tastebridge jar was being emptied regularly and the monies
> stored in a jar on the shelf and this jar with over 70$ was stolen, this
> was about 2 to 3 months ago, I think.

I was aware of this incident.  I believe the jar on the shelf was stolen
from a few times?

Anyway, we need to come to a
> decision in a group meeting that is posted on line at least a week in
> advance and on paper posted prominantly in the kitchen at least a week
> in advance. maybe to follow the general meeting on tuesday evening would
> be a good time.

if you feel that this is important i encourage you to schedule the
meeting and post the announcements.

There may be room for two separate or even more cooking
> groups just like Vegan Tuesday is scheduled regularly and Francisco is
> now scheduling Wednesday nights. Donations may need to be collected
> separately and an amount to support Noisebridge should be set aside or
> that collection jar should be more prominantly displayed when an
> organized event is not happening.

I think it is good to point out that the people who identify as
"Tastebridge" are not the only ones using the kitchen, and specifically
that many people who use the kitchen do not think of Tastebridge as
pertaining to them at all.  It may be that some people think of the
entire kitchen and all its activities as "Tastebridge" but i do not
think that is accurate to the way many users of the kitchen view the
situation.