[Tastebridge] [Discussion] [foodhacking] cold room build up project - building phase start up

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 2 00:18:48 UTC 2013

Hi to all,
We have managed with help from many and with support of the orga to build up the hexayurt based cold room.

We are still improving the project. Today it has been really sunny and we used the cold room a lot and it went "gaga" - very warm. We have found out that we got a major build up of ice in the device. We hope that we took care about that and in addition with our improvement of the floor (we added a thin insulation layer on the wooden chip board, with a "green carpet" on it) we will do better tomorrow. We also bought a weather station - temperature measurement outside and inside, plus moisture (did not have time to hack it) so if we install it tomorrow we will have more data for you. We definitely want to update the documentation (probably after the event) plus blog. By the end of the camp we should have quite a decent experience allowing us to build up another, better one on the next events which would be fully functional.

https://ohm2013.org/wiki/Village:Food_Hacking_Base

Many thanks for you support and see you/talk to you soon!

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeckin

biotechnologist&kvasir and hacker

http://www.frantisekapfelbeck.org