[Tiny-tux] Another SD card question

Corey McGuire coreyfro at coreyfro.com
Sat Apr 23 02:37:48 UTC 2011

sfill and bzip!

sfill will wipe all the empty space on the filesystem with 0's, and then you
follow it with bzip of the actual device.  That way you don't zip up any
deleted files that remain on your filesystem.

sudo apt-get install secure-delete

This has four tools:

srm - securely delete an existing file
smem - securely delete traces of a file from ram
sfill - wipe all the space marked as empty on your hard drive
sswap - wipe all the data from you swap space.