ZinesFromOuterSpace More pages to proofread!

Tony Longshanks LeTigre anthonyletigre at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 15:00:37 UTC 2012

These are pretty much open to everyone to read/spellcheck/proofread.
As before, get back to me with any mistakes you spot, or changes /
additions (but keep these to a *minimum,* please) - *asap!*
This is the *final review* before I prepare the PDF for printing! I plan to
use this weekend to make final corrections & prepare the PDF, then *print
on Monday/Tuesday *(April 16/17).
Sorry we're so late - about 2 weeks, since the 1st was the planned release
date; still, it's significant improvement over ZiP01, which was a *month +
2 weeks* late. And I endeavor to make it worth the wait.
I'm interested in what you think of the content, as well as soliciting your
technical review & corrections.

1. *Hexwords & zine review* (in German) by Svenja - I was going to print
this review in both English & German, but was limited by space
considerations & decided to just go with the German, plus an additional
comment in English from Svenja's email to me. I think it's OK. I want ZiP
to begin having a more polylingual / European feel, from this issue
forward, & I find it annoying that Americans seem to absolutely require
immediate & complete translation of the slightest hint of foreign language
around them. I have always been an unusual American that way.

http://zine.noisebridge.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Zx0041.jpg

2. *3-Paragraph Essay: Noisebridge vs. Privacy *Interesting?
Agree/disagree? If I'd had more time, I would've sought a rebuttal/opposing
viewpoint. I could include one in ZiP03.

http://zine.noisebridge.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Zx004F.jpg

3. *Josh's x68k article revised* - w/ graphic added (Adam spotted the
missing sentence as well last night)

http://zine.noisebridge.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Zx00571.jpg
http://zine.noisebridge.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Zx00582.jpg
http://zine.noisebridge.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Zx00591.jpg

4. *Enema Review* - there is going to be an adult content warning on this
issue, rest assured

http://zine.noisebridge.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Zx0050.jpg

5. *Mushrooms of Northern California - *Not finished yet, but you can see
where I'm going w/ this. There will be an additional color insert w/ photos
to go with the text on these pages. (Btw, Alan, I left the coping saw &
blades w/ Carl @ the NB "front desk" last night)

http://zine.noisebridge.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Zx006C.jpg
http://zine.noisebridge.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Zx006D.jpg

6. *The MADE by Vonguard* - Did I get the photo attribution right? I mixed
photos from 2 different sources, I believe. Also, I'm going to fix the text
on the right side of the 1st page so it's not breathing down the picture's
neck.

http://zine.noisebridge.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Zx006E.jpg
http://zine.noisebridge.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Zx006F.jpg

That's it for now but more to come soon.....we're in the last lap.

Tony