ZinesFromOuterSpace Online at last!

Tony Longshanks LeTigre anthonyletigre at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 22:38:13 UTC 2012

Just a quick note to say that I, ZiP editor Tony Longshanks, was evicted
yesterday from our SPAZ, the FireHouse, but have landed in Bernal Heights,
& my new house has an open WiFi connection! This bodes well for ZiP03. I
haven't had WiFi at home for ages, not since I started ZiP. For the entire
duration of the zine so far, I've had to wait till I traveled to
Noisebridge, the library, or another internet spot in order to pull images,
look up facts, etc etc, all the myriad things necessary to prepare &
produce a zine.

*What did he say? What's ZiP?*

It's a *zine!*

No, it's a *magazine!*

NO, you're both wrong, it's.....a *MegaZine*!

Called *ZiP*.

What does ZiP stand for?

*Zebralicious Indigo Pattern*

Most definitely. What else does it stand for?

*Zoroastrianism is Pulchritudinous*

Indeed. What else?

*Zinemaking isn't Profitable*

Perhaps....what ELSE does it stand for?

*Zealous Insanity Parade*

Hey....that's the theme/title of ZiP03! But what else?

You tell me! Really, come up w/ a good/funny/interesting phrase for which
ZiP (or Zip, or ZIP) can be for the acronym.

And I've done all three covers so far, someone else can design the cover of
ZiP04 (release date...sometime in October/November) if you like!

But we're getting ahead of ourselves. Back to ZiP03. I'll be posting some
pages-in-progress soon to (hopefully) help inspire.

If anyone wants to come visit me, I'll give you the address. Nighttime
visitations are best -- the later the better, in fact. And I'm a little
short on food and money -- I don't have any of either, until Tuesday, when
I get my next UI disbursement, in fact -- so gifts of food & beverages will
be enthusiastically accepted! (Obviously this doesn't apply to Frantisek,
Daravinne, anyone else who isn't even in the Bay Area atm).

Almost forgot....a hacker who will be visiting Noisebridge in late
July/early August just wrote me the message quoted below, isn't it sweet? I
think it qualifies as a fan letter and our first autograph request.