ZinesFromOuterSpace A Monday morning morsel

Tony Longshanks LeTigre anthonyletigre at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 21:38:14 UTC 2012

(Loose definition of "morning")

A page from the currently-in-production third chapter of ZiP!

http://zine.noisebridge.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Zx0078.jpg

Also to be included in this issue will be an original essay by Danny
O'Brien attempting to answer the question, "Is Noisebridge an Anarchist
Hackerspace?"

On an unrelated note, a friend of mine is currently on trial for drug
charges, & the trial opened today. Another friend attended the trial
opening today, & I plan to attend myself tomorrow and/or Wednesday. Trial
is expected to wrap by Thursday, I believe. Court is fascinating. My friend
needs support. He owns a tea shop near Noisebridge and some of you are
familiar with him. I've already decided, regardless of the outcome of the
case, to get involved in activism for changing drug sentencing laws, which
are, to use a highly technical & legal phrase, BULLSHIT.

And I don't care if The Government seizes this email & reads that last
sentence in court.

TTYS

t.

*Urgent! Support Oshan at his Jury Trial, Week of July
23rd!<https://www.facebook.com/events/400517173328691/>
*
IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON ATTENDING, PLEASE READ THE FULL INSTRUCTIONS IN THE
EVENT DESCRIPTION BELOW, BY CLICKING ON "... See More" Friends & Allies,
Oshan will be the defendant in a jury trial beginning July 23rd, 2012. The
trial will likely last for 2-5 days. Oshan is accused of distributing LSD &
MDMA. Oshan has pled not-guilty to the charges. These charges have
absolutely nothing to do with Oshan's business, Om Shan Tea. The charges
are only allegations and defendants are presumed innocent unless proven
guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. More info about Oshan's case:
www.freeoshan.com If Oshan is found guilty he would face a MINIMUM OF 10
YEARS IN PRISON. If Oshan is found not guilty, he'll be free and face no
further legal consequences! :) The trial will begin on July 23rd, 2012 and
continue on the 24th, 25th and possibly the 26th. The trial will run each
day from 8am-1:30pm. It would be great for people to show up and show as
much support and love for Oshan as possible. We ask for everyone who can to
be present to hold space for the highest good with our compassionate
presence and pray for the benefit of all beings! IF YOU CAN COME TO COURT
TO SHOW SUPPORT FOR OSHAN, PLEASE READ THESE FULL INSTRUCTIONS IN THEIR
ENTIRETY! The trial will be held at the SF Federal Courthouse at: 450
Golden Gate Avenue, San Francisco between Polk & Larkin, 4 blocks from
Civic Center Bart. The trial will be on Floor 19 in Courtroom 11: Judge
Jeffrey S. White. There will only be a couple 15 minute breaks (likely
around 9:45 and 11:45) so be prepared to eat before and after or bring
snacks to eat during breaks. There is a snack bar on the 10th floor of the
building. If you can't make it for the whole trial, it is possible
(although not preferred) to arrive and leave the trial at any time, as long
as you do so quietly. If possible, arrive at the beginning or during breaks
and leave at the end or during breaks. If the courtroom is too full to
enter, feel free to pray and meditate in the hallway. Try to arrive by
7:30am as it can take a while to park, go through security and get to the
19th Floor. You must show valid ID to enter the building and there is a
metal detector and search on the way in. VERY IMPORTANT: All attendees must
be completely silent and respectful when in the courtroom. All cell phones
and electronic devices must be completely OFF while in the courtroom. Stand
and rise when the Judge enters the room. Attendees must NOT react in any
way to the proceedings, and NOT try to engage, make eye contact with or get
the attention of the jury, prosecution or the judge. Please be mindful of
conversations in the hallways outside the courtroom, as the Prosecutor or
Jury members could be hanging out, and judge me based on your
conversations. CONSERVATIVE APPEARANCE: We request that people who attend
have a conservative appearance! Do NOT show up looking like a hippie,
burner, punk, raver etc. Suits are great but not required. Wear "normal"
looking clothes. Remove extreme jewelry. Please no mohawks, dreadlocks,
glitter, excessive makeup, brightly colored died hair etc. Wearing hats is
not allowed in the courtroom. If you don't meet these requirements or can't
attend the trial, please pray or host a prayer circle wherever you are.
Thanks & Blessings! <3
Today at 8:00am - Thursday at 1:30pm at SF Federal Building