[Noisebridge-discuss] Should the NB board take action wrt IRC?

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 01:54:19 UTC 2010

I disagree that we need a lot of people with +F privs.  It's very rare for a
totally sustained/sustainable IRC channel to have more than one.  So long as
they're a reasonable and responsible person, it's really better that way.

Having registered channel ops is a different issue.  This is what we've
seriously lacked.  With proper chanops, we can tell chanserv to give the
moron who's causing trouble the boot and ban them without even being in the
channel.  No one needs to be *given* this status, so it's not something
anyone who's spoofed someone even needs to ask for.

It sounds like you don't really understand the difference between granted
ops and chanserv ops in your argument.  There are great resources out there
that explain the commands at your disposal with chanserv.  None of them need
to be executed while you're even in the channel, either.  But you DO need to
authenticate to get them.

Christie
_______
"We also briefly discussed having officers replaced by very small shell
scripts." -- Noisebridge meeting notes 2008-06-17

The outer bounds is only the beginning.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/genriel/sets/72157623376093724/